Friday, July 22, 2011

He Tells the Truth, Who is Listening?

I am embarassed to admit that during the last Presidential campaign I voted for the Senator from Arizona, John McCain. I was not comfortable with his ideals and fell into the paradigm of voting for the lesser of two evils (McCain vs Obama).

I allowed the media to censor what I knew about Ron Paul by means of NOT seeking his truth on my own.  I had heard the "powers that be" were not letting him participate in public debates which other "popular" candidates had been allowed to speak.  My gut told me that Dr Paul might be onto something geniune but failed to search for his youtube channel or official website and listen to what he had to say.

I have yet, since the miserable failure of the last Presidential election, listened to or watched a speech or television interview given by Dr Ron Paul that DID NOT make total sense.  He has a firm grasp on the role of government, the military, the Constitution, the national budget and every other important topic I have heard him speak about.

Here, once again, is Dr Ron Paul telling Congress in plain English what needs to be done by the American Government:



My vote next time around will be undoubtedly for Dr Ron Paul.

4 comments:

  1. I have wondered for a long time why folks, especially those with whom I would normally agree, would call him a nutjob. I can see why the libs wouldn't like him, but really. I would think liberty minded people would rally behind him.

    I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading his newsletter for years. The political system we have keeps anyone who doesn't "toe the line" frozen in obscurity, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If he had a better foreign policy in mind I would support him a bit more. Some of his ideas in that area are more a wishful fantasy that maybe could come to pass if two or three sitting Presidents agreed. They are at best a long term goal but not feasible right now as deep as we are in. I also am not so much a libertarian as I am a Constitutionalist with a huge dose of Christian values for a core. There are just somethings I cannot agree to the live and let live philosophy on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Ron Paul is the only politician we have who has any real integrity. He is also the only one with a voting record that matches his rhetoric. I voted enthusiastically for him in the primary, but also voted for the "lesser of two evils" in the general. I'm done with that though - voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil. I'm 51 years old, and I've never voted for a candidate I actually liked (w/ the exception of Dr Paul in the 2008 primary) - my vote has always been against a "worse" candidate. You know what? It makes no difference at all - all the main party candidates are the same, only their speeches are different. I won't be voting again, I withdraw my consent. All my life I've heard that "if you don't vote, you can't complain". That is wrong - if you do vote, you are saying that you believe in the system & will abide by the results. I don't anymore.

    I don't understand either why so many so-called conservatives don't like Dr Paul. My impression is that they mostly just pick up that "he's a nut case" attitude from TV commentators. I think most of them are too busy worrying about what they plan to buy next, and who will win American Idol, to do any actual thinking for themselves. I talk up Dr Paul all the time and so most of my friends think I'm crazy too (maybe they did anyway?). I will vote for him again if he makes it as far as the TN primary. I don't expect him to win in my wildest dreams, and if he did, I would fear for his life. The RNC will do anything necessary to be certain he is not the nominee.

    ReplyDelete

Don't you spam me...I'll just delete it!