Banner

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Eating Healthy...well, healthier...

Now that Wifey and I have started back to the gym, I need to start eating a little better.  I'm slowly getting back into the morning protein drink routine.

On the right is a picture of my slow ease back into protein consumption.  I think the Whey is from Walmart.  I've had the flax around for a while, it may even be inert by now but I added it into the mix anyway.

A little bit of honey to sweeten the mix and it wasn't too bad.  I'm working on moving away from two large meals a day and back into three reasonable meals with healthy snacks in the middle.  I know a Best Buy promotional code that can get you a good blender to mix the protein.

Any recommendations on good tasting protein powder is welcome although, I'll have to admit, most of the time I buy based on cost (hence the Walmart protein).

~OJD

6 comments:

PioneerPreppy said...

If I tried blending something in the morning I would more than likely get my hand blended. I just don't wake up perky enough for complex activities.

The Orange Jeep Dad said...

@PP Ha. For me, there's a laziness factor. being able to throw everything in a blender and push a button means less cooking time for me.

Arsenius the Hermit said...

Man, that sounds pretty nasty. How about some bacon and eggs!

The Orange Jeep Dad said...

@Arsenius I do the B&E more than I should. Trying to cut down on the fat intake. I seem to be accumulating more and more around my midsection every year.

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can create short urls with Shortest and make money from every click on your short urls.

Blogger said...

Did you know you can shorten your long urls with Shortest and make $$$ for every visitor to your short urls.

Post a Comment