Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Angry Bird Pig Beanie Handmade Crochet Hat

Angry Bird Pig Beanie
I like to showcase my daughters' goods when they make stuff by hand.  I have blogged before about how my girls learned how to crochet last Christmas when a visiting cousin and his family stayed for the holidays.

Sis, my oldest daughter, was invited to a birthday party/sleepover today.  She knew her friend liked the game Angry Birds and searched YouTube for a video on something she could make with crochet.

She ended up finding a video on how to make an Angry Bird pig beanie and proceeded to learn it.  Four hours later she made her first hat. She showed it to me when I got home first thing this morning. I thought it was so adorable, I took several pictures and decided it was time to create an Etsy store for Sis. You can visit it here.  The only thing listed so far is this pic beanie but I'm hoping it will turn out to be a great outlet for her to showcase her skill and maybe even make a little money from it to help buy more yarn.

What a goof ball.
She made some shamrocks for Grandma Carolyn the other day knowing that we would be celebrating St Patrick's Day with her this weekend. This really drives home the old addage, give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Sis will have this skill for the rest of her life and I couldn't be happier for her.

Shamrock's by Sis.
She took the shamrocks she crocheted and made them into rings, hair clips, and other things.

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful she has learned and developed a great hobby. My wife loves t0 crochet and does so a lot and makes very useful things. I couldn't do it if my life depended on it. I am all thumbs when it comes to crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great...i do alot of crocheting and it's a great hobby and also useful. Unfortunately my girls are not interested so I am working on my granddaughters! It looks like she is pretty talented! Paula (amishwoman49)

    ReplyDelete

Don't you spam me...I'll just delete it!