Sunday, February 17, 2013

Linda Achley didn't know she was pregnant...at 40 weeks.

Image courtesty of NyDailyNews.com
Being both a parent and employed in the medical field, I was intrigued by the headline: "Unaware of pregnancy, Michigan woman delivers 10-pound baby" on Google's news homepage. 

Not many things surprise me these days but I HAD to find a picture of what a person looks like that goes 40 weeks without knowing there is a TEN POUND BABY IN THEIR BODY.


So, with a little searching, I found some images of LInda Achley of Michigan.


Image courtesy of Leggo.it

From NatMonitor.com: "
A Michigan woman reportedly traveled to Allegiance Health Friday, telling doctors she suspected she was suffering from a hernia. Instead, she gave birth to a ten-pound baby girl."

Wow.

Linda's husband Mike. Photo courtesy of J. Scott Park/Mlive.com

2 comments:

  1. @DD My first thought, as biased as it may be, was "Just how LARGE is a woman that doesn't know she is 40 weeks pregnant?" Of course, I knew the answer having had more than one family member who didn't need to buy new clothes during their entire pregnancy. But I was surprised by the lack of photos in the internet articles. It took a few minutes to Google it but an Italian website was the first I found. At least the father is employed as a security guard and not a lazy loaf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about my comment, I know it was inappropriate. I just couldn't help myself. . .

    ReplyDelete

Don't you spam me...I'll just delete it!