Friday, October 17, 2014

Ebola and Disneyland!

It's been one... crappy.. long... year for our family but things are getting better.  October 26th will be the one year anniversary for our house fire and rather than sitting around our rental house and thinking about it.. I'm taking my family to Disneyland. 

We've saved up all year by eating homemade chicken noodle soup ($6 feeds 8 people) and other inexpensive homemade meals.  I should admit to an occasional Sam's Club dinner where giant hotdogs with a soda are only $1.50 per person.

Nevertheless,  by the skin of our teeth,  we are going and it will be our first family vacation in four years.  For Team Bravo (our three little ones) this will be their first time to Disneyland.  Team Alpha (now high schoolers)  remember past trips and are SUPER excited.

Now,  let's just hope ebola doesn't beat us there.  After all,  Disneyland is one giant mixing bowl of germs from all over the world and everybody touches the same stuff...

-OJD

2 comments:

  1. I think the news media is playing this ebola stuff as much as they can. As far as I know, there have only been a couple of cases confirmed, not counting the first guy. But, the incubation period is a week or so. . .so we will see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I'm planing on going to Disneyland with my little family but as much as I feel bad about it I think I'm going to cancel.just a precuation until the ebola has been alittle calm.

    ReplyDelete

Don't you spam me...I'll just delete it!