Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Ridemakerz is like Build-a-Bear for Boys!

That's what a little girl was telling her mommy as  I walked into the Ridemakerz store in Downtown Disney shopping center. I had wondered in to find out for myself what was going on in this place. It was practically next door to Build-a-Bear, which was where all my little girls were getting teddy bears custom made to order.

Turns out, this cool little store allows you to pretty much follow the same business model as Build-a-Bear. You get to pick out a body style like a car or truck. Then you get to customize it with shiny wheels, different size tires, and lots of accessories.

Packed into the family van
My girls made me a monster truck with a supercharged engine, chrome winch, monster tires and a flashing light bar on top. She's fire engine red and will be on display in my office as soon as I get back to work.

Oh, and since she's remote controlled, I'll be obligated to run it up an down the office halls a few times.

~OJD

1 comment:

  1. You had a great trip and I am sure everyone enjoyed it. I bet you will get different reaction from co-workers when you run that thing up and down the halls. Does it make any sounds? Does it have a working horn? If so, you could sure make people jump it you run it sneakily up behind them and then honk the horn.

    ReplyDelete

Don't you spam me...I'll just delete it!