Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Do You Remember Kwik Klaw Nails?

Used to build the Ark?
When I helped Wifey pack up her mom's belongings about a year ago and move her in with us, I came across a small amount of Grandpa's tools in her garage. Grandpa had gone to Arizona State University sometime in the 1950's (I think) for a degree in Master Carpentry.

Pa was an excellent carpenter and built his own cabin which can be seen in the background of my YouTube Channel and this post about OPSEC where he made it a point to build the cabin AROUND a tree so that the tree canopy hides the house.


Anyway, one of the things I kept and have out in my shop is a box of Kwik Klaw Nails. The box looks really old and I decided to look it up on Amazon to learn more about them. To my surprise, they aren't on Amazon. What's NOT on Amazon these days?!?

Maybe these are such an old item they aren't made anymore? A quick google search came up empty as well. The price tag on the box says $0.44 and there's a handy display of different nails and their respective names on the back.

Handy nail descriptions
I was wondering if any of you were familiar with these cool little nails?

~OJD




2 comments:

  1. Looks like the company doesn't exist anymore :

    http://www.corporationwiki.com/California/Paramount/k-k-steel-and-supply-co-inc/39712109.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked in a lumberyard, (many moons ago) and they look like the ones we sold for concrete nails---do they have ribs along the length of the nail? not around, but lengthwise?

    ReplyDelete

Don't you spam me...I'll just delete it!