Friday, January 8, 2016

Best Thanksgiving and Christmas Ever

Sis at her Junior prom in 2015. (Steady boyfriend too!)
I should have been asleep by now but Wifey is watching YouTube videos with Macky in my bed and having a roaring good time. One of those late night guys doing silly skits or something. We killed the cable/satellite years ago in Mesa. It was such a blessing.

Now that we live in southern Idaho and no longer have the mother-in-law living with us (can I get an AMEN?!) we an enjoy our home in its beautiful surroundings. We're in a lovely little town not too far from Twin Falls and are slowly getting used to Idaho weather.

Right now we're in a fog warning and I shared a WeatherChannel warning that says we can expect to see no farther than 100 yards. Snow, fog, rain...I'll take it. That heat back in Mesa, Arizona was such a drain on everything: car batteries, VHS tapes left in the backseat, my behind on a leather driver's seat. No thanks.

Community events every other weekend in rural Idaho 
Bring me the snow and I'm happy. I post pictures of snow and family in Arizona replies with a chuckle as if to say "ha ha, sucker." Joke's on them. I love this stuff. Along with the snow comes low crime, no pollution and a small town atmosphere that boasts of community spirit and knowing your neighbors.

I've taken a small break from blogging even though it is something I love to do. Writing has been enjoyable for me every since I took Writing for the Professions at Arizona State and had a wonderful woman teach me the joys of writing.

These days, along with my 8-5 job in town, I'm keeping my toes in the ecommerce world by dabbling in arbitrage. If you aren't familiar with the word, give it a google. These days it is super easy to sell a widget to any corner of the world. You don't even have to own the widget to sell it. You can post an advertisement about the widget and could end up selling it to someone half way around the globe.

Sister's 18th birthday (+ beau) and all 5 sisters going to lunch.
I'm enjoying eBay and Amazon at the moment. I pick items from Amazon and post them on my eBay account. I mark it up a few percentage points and "dropship" the item straight from Amazon to the eBay buyer. With the right software, you can automate the whole thing. All that is left is responding to customer questions and at the moment, I have that task farmed out to a fella in Bangladesh.

Anyway, I just thought I'd hop on here and drop some thoughts. I don't expect many of my old blogger friends to be around much any more. Not sure if blogger is still something many folks do or if everyone has moved on to new adventures.


Thanksgiving in our new home = best year ever. 
If you do stop by and read a few words, try to leave a comment and say hello. The notification should still go to my cell phone and it would brighten my day to hear from some of my old blogger friends. Let's see who's still out there...

~OJD


PS. I finally got to play Santa Claus this year. I rented a suit for an employee Christmas meal and handed out trays with a peer at work. Since I had the suit for the whole day, I took it home and had Wifey drive me around to about five neighborhood houses. We stopped at church members' houses who had little children. I don't know who was having more fun...the kids or me.

Parents happily reported that many a chore was completed for the next week thanks to a visit from Santa.


21 comments:

  1. I still have my morning reading time, but yeah, I think a lot of us are spending most of our time doing what we had been blogging about before. I haven't posted on mine in 3 years...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have my blog and posting regularly. Had a lot of life changes...biggest being a heart attack a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear from you! I love Idaho. My friend lives in a town about a half hour from Twin. I love it only takes a couple hours from Utah. I am loving the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're still alive!! Woohoo!

    Still think somethings wrong with you, you can keep that snow. Wait I have a Jeep, Bring on the snow! No the wife won't drive the Jeep and she hates snow, you can keep it. Wow I am so confused....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still out here reading blogs and trying to post my own blog everyday. I bet you made a great Santa Claus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like everything is working out, which is great.
    Glad that you have started blogging again. We all wondered if a bear ate you!! ;) I love the snow too and it was one of the reasons that I moved close to Tahoe.
    -Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought you were dead! I don't blog but I have always read yours and a few others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't blog but have read for a while. I'm glad things are going so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't blog but have read for a while. I'm glad things are going so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finally....and, I'm two days late reading! Glad everything's going good for you and yours....Please don't stay away so long!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice! Happy to hear an update from you and happy that you and the family are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to see you on here. I had decided that you had gone away and left us to do some off grid show or something.I dont blog but have been reading your stuff for years.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like the move has been a good one. Glad you had a good time play St. Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad yer back...sad about the Farewell from Frank and Fern, though

    ReplyDelete
  15. One of your old blog readers here. I no longer have you book marked but Google has you come up as the first search result so thought I would stop by and see if you had settled in. Nice to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like everything is going great Santa! Hoping to see more posts from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OJD, great to see u alive & kicking! I've missed ur blogs. but found others. My own blog, I got out of the habit & just post occasionally now. I like SB alot & thesurvivalistblog too -my favorite too. theprepperjournal has some good things too but don't read it regularly. Hope u & ur family have a blessed year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for all the positive posts! If you leave a comment, consider leaving your name. There are several from Anonymous on here that I would like to say hi to.

    I do miss writing. That was the great thing about working night shifts all those years. Plenty of time you blog!

    See you again soon...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for all the positive posts! If you leave a comment, consider leaving your name. There are several from Anonymous on here that I would like to say hi to.

    I do miss writing. That was the great thing about working night shifts all those years. Plenty of time you blog!

    See you again soon...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Most valuable and fantastic blog I really appreciate your work which you have done about the jeep,many thanks and keep it up.
    jeep

    ReplyDelete
  21. Did you know that you can shorten your long links with Shortest and receive $$$$ from every click on your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete

Don't you spam me...I'll just delete it!