Thursday, March 28, 2013

I've Made my Case...

Shooting with my dad and cousin
Tim at our family farm.
Well, as mentioned in an earlier post, I have been recently pondering homesteading back in my native state of Oklahoma. A recent trip home for Christmas led me to our old family farm in Hennessey where I was able to show my girls a great time.

A few months after returning to Arizona, I began my usual daydreaming of homesteading.  That's when I put two and two together and realized that all that family farm land is just sitting there. Why don't I ask my aunt and uncles if I can homestead there?

After encouraging comments on my post, I decided to write a letter to my uncle. I explained how Wifey and I had been practicing our homesteading skills over the past three years in anticipation of someday moving to a homestead of our own. Our problem was always that we weren't quite sure WHERE to go.

I told him why we'd like to homestead there and a few ideas about homeschooling and gardening. I didn't get too deep into farm animals other than saying I'd like to have a few. We'll see what he says.

I'll let you know. Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

~OJD

4 comments:

  1. I wish you the best of luck and am hopeful that all will turn out as you want. What exciting prospects!

    Lisa (an RTR also)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a big leap. What do the girls think about it? Sometimes kids don't like giving up friends and things they are used to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck Jeep Dad... I hope its everything you and your family want and totally enjoy.. I am working on the same kinda of thing.. I will keep up with you blog.. Such an exciting thing... ~HUGS~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is indeed an exciting prospect. Fingers crossed it's a go!

    ReplyDelete

Don't you spam me...I'll just delete it!