Saturday, April 26, 2014

Sister's First Prom Dance

Time is passing, there's nothing I can do to stop it. The time has come for our oldest daughter to attend her first school prom dance. So naturally, as a good father, I prepared. I left work a little early and put a sign on my office door to let everyone know where I'd be.





As soon as I got home, I changed into proper attire and started to check the important things:


Sis came down the stairs looking as beautiful as ever. My how she has grown.


When the young man came a courtin', I let them take some pictures together...


She was brought home on time and had a wonderful time at the dance.  He didn't seem to mind at all when I took his fingerprints and placed a tracking device on his car.  It didn't really matter though, Sister's phone had a tracking device already installed ;-)

~OJD 

17 comments:

  1. Haha That's a battle you will never win. You can't guard the perimeter and watch the inmates at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic!

    BTW She's a beauty, your going to need more firepower and maybe a couple disgruntled uncles on standby.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks so pretty!
    My husband says daughters=lots of guns and ammo.. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend's husband had a pre-prom picture taken with a gun and he was between the daughter and date. That must be a theme here. Ex-husband said he did not want to embarrass our daughter when she lived with him. So, she date guys he had never met and could not remember the first name. Thank goodness she had a good head and a mother here to talk over her choices. He was no father. You appear to be doing well for the first daughter. You may not need that gun by the time you get to the last daughter. Cute pictures. Beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watch the old movie Clueless where the father tells his daughter's date " Anything happens to my daughter, I got a .45 and a shovel, I doubt anybody would miss you. "

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! It appears the young man has a sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's happened to OJD, he's not posted in a very long time....hope he not in the "pokey" ...lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all have been wondering what happen to OJD; it's the "Mystery of OJD" coming to a theatre near you brought to you by the new Chrysler Jeep Liberty that comes in orange for the 2015 model....

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're all curious what has happened to OJD! Hopefully nothing major, just busy with life, family, career, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is the blog still active? I keep checking but it's been so long I'm ready to take it off my lead blog space to make room for an active one. Would miss the blog so much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll post in the next 24 hours. Dealing with Queenie and her bronchitis and now Boo is on her way to my ER for acute abdominal pain. Stand by...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wish every little girl had a big dad who loved her and raised her with Godly values. Your wife chose well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anon. Those kind of comments make me go hunt down Wifey and read them aloud!

      Delete

Don't you spam me...I'll just delete it!