Banner

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Deal Alert: Lifetime 80 gal Composter $99 @ Costco

Dang it. Why do these deals seem to show up when I'm broke? Anyway, thought I'd pass it along. Everyone should have a composter or two. I've been after one of these off-the-ground tumbling types for a while now.

Costco.com has the Lifetime 80 gallon Composter listed at $179.99 bit if you call your local store (as I just did) you will most likely get quoted $99.99. Not sure why. Customer service said this was the price they came in at as well so she didn't understand the high price on the website (price mistake?)

I can't post a pic right now as I'm posting this from my Droid and it is being a little temperamental (grr, can't use my spell check on that word either).

9 comments:

Tricia said...

I have been calling the closest costco stores (5 hours away) and the only composter they have is a 100 gallon for $139
Still a good deal.

The Orange Jeep Dad said...

@Tricia I wish these deals weren't so varying but you are right. That is still a good deal. Amazon has the 80 gal @ $139 + shipping.

Jacked Up Glock Mom said...

Gosh I just love Costco...its by far my favorite.

Dizzy-Dick said...

I always used about 9 feet of 3 or 4 foot tall wire mesh fencing. That made about a 3foot diameter compost pile. Worked for me. When it needed turned, I removed the wire and moved it over, than just fork the original pile from starting on the top and it reverses it, putting the new on the bottom.

The Orange Jeep Dad said...

@Dizzy Sounds like a good challenge to me! I have a roll of chicken wire and will take the challenge. If it saves me $99, I'll be one happy camper! Or is the gap in chicken wire too large?

The Orange Jeep Dad said...

Just found a YouTube video showing how to use chicken wire!

Tricia said...

We live in such a cold area with a short growing season, that we decided to go ahead and buy the 100 gallon one. Hopefully, this will help with our garden this year.

The Orange Jeep Dad said...

Until I can afford one, I'll try the chicken wire. It's just sitting in my shed yelling USE ME, USE ME! I wonder if Dizzy gets his to work in a cold climate?

Dizzy-Dick said...

I first started to use the wire when I lived in Pennsylvania. With the short warm season, sometimes I added some protein to jump start it.

Post a Comment