Friday, September 5, 2014

A New Slant on an Old Blog

Couldn't resist a pic with Adam 12 at the fair last weekend.
An anonymous commenter got me to thinking today as sometimes happens. The commenter posted on my last blog post "Too bad this blog has become so infrequent. OrangeJeepDad must have lost interest." This couldn't be farther from the truth.

I think of blogging on a daily basis. So much so, that I've encouraged Macky to blog as well. Her blog is titled Blog of a Homeschooled Teen and she's writing it to hone her own writing skills (she wants to be an author, like Patrice Lewis) as well as to benefit others who may be stuck on the homeschooling fence like we were for several years. She's enjoying contrasting her experience of homeschooling versus her big sister's experience in a crappy local public school. It certainly gives her lots to write about.

Please visit her blog and leave her encouraging comments if you have the time. 

But back to my original thought. I've had several posts stirring in my brain and have also taped a good amount of video for my YouTube channel. I feel the need for a new "intro" for my vids so my footage is sitting on my hard drive until I come up with an intro that I enjoy. But I have made a leap forward in my decision on blogging: I will stop holding back my posts due to insufficient long length and start posting smaller, more bite sized posts on a regular basis. I tend to write pretty lengthy posts which require a good amount of editing and proofing. That's just how I write. I've been called a grammar nazi but it stems from having a mother who corrected everything I wrote in grade school and I thank her for it...now.

So here we go, on our new journey of writing smaller posts on a more frequent basis. Your comments here will let me know what you think and I always appreciate my readers...all four of you. :-)

~OJD


19 comments:

  1. Smaller and more often works for me. I have been wondering where you have been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry dizzy. I have been pretty busy at work but I will start posting more frequently. I'll also tell you how I've started going back to school again. It's pretty exciting being an old guy and going back to school.

      Delete
  2. I just figured your lack of posts was due to your work schedule/work load. Hope all is well with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are absolutely correct but I miss blogging. Thanks for sticking around.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's an MSRS (master of Science in Radiologic Science) at Weber State University in Ogden Utah. It's mostly online but we are required to take Thurs/Fri seminars on campus twice each semester (4 semesters total) no summers.

      Delete
  4. I vote yes for more frequent posts, even if they are short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Linda Thanks for the vote!

      @Jay No joke, right! What a crappy year. I think we're sailing into some smooth water now (knock on wood).

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear it!

    I / We tend to get a bit concerned when there's a gap considering your run of "good" luck over the last year or so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tally one more in the "yes" column for more frequent posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL I can't say a word. I haven't posted in well over a year... :-/ Still around, though, went back to college for a year and now I'm stuck working screwy shifts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds great to me! I'll take whatever I can get. I enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Brenda Aw shucks, you'll get me a blushin'...

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. thanks. It isn't going to be easy. First semester already have Research Methods and I don't like writing thesis papers.

      Delete
  10. Good luck with your schooling! It's good to see you posting again.

    I like your daughter's blog! I can't comment, because it doesn't have the name/url option, but I do want to swap links with her if she'd like. I homeschool our kids. Can you put her in touch with me?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes actions result from insightful sharings. While I did not intend to cause action by my "infrequent update comment", I am heartened that something did occur as this is a very special blog. Welcome back OrangeJeepDad..=)

    ReplyDelete

Don't you spam me...I'll just delete it!