Wednesday, May 11, 2011

xP Total Security Virus Removal via Malwarebytes and Trend Micro Housecall

Update: Fix is located in this blog


Returned home this morning after taking the girls to school and found a pesky virus blocking my internet access. This virus, known by a dozen or more names, causes professional looking popups to appear on-screen and they look just like a legitimate Windows security program. The popup pretends to inform that the computer has been infected as you are directed to click certain links. These links, of course, lead to more trouble.

I will update this post with instructions after I have cleared the viruses. I've found 9 so far. I'm sure my teen and pre-teen internet-surfing daughters have nothing to do with it ;-)

(Posting this from my handy dandy Droid Incredible while the computer is infected.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't you spam me...I'll just delete it!