Update: Fix is located in this blog
Returned home this morning after taking the girls to school and found a pesky virus blocking my internet access. This virus, known by a dozen or more names, causes professional looking popups to appear on-screen and they look just like a legitimate Windows security program. The popup pretends to inform that the computer has been infected as you are directed to click certain links. These links, of course, lead to more trouble.
I will update this post with instructions after I have cleared the viruses. I've found 9 so far. I'm sure my teen and pre-teen internet-surfing daughters have nothing to do with it ;-)
(Posting this from my handy dandy Droid Incredible while the computer is infected.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
I don't think I'll be posting for a while. Our house burned down today. All family, dog, puppies and chicks are safe. House, j...
-
SurvivalBlog.com being DoS attacked and is down Update from (Avalanche) Lily Rawles (21:48 MST): Apparently, there's a raci...
-
How to Install a Door to a Bathroom Archway: Part 2 Updated May 2019 Continued from Part One of my post about installing a door t...
The Art of Shaving
In my dream world, I shave about as often as a Roberts man in all my Duck Dynasty glory. In the real world, I have a job that requires me to...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't you spam me...I'll just delete it!