Thursday, June 23, 2011

Jerk of the Day: Road Hog

We should have just carpooled.
I was sitting at a stop light on my way home from work this morning. It was around 7:30am and still cool enough to have the windows down. I was staring off to my left thinking about grabbing Wifey's Nikon when I get home and sneaking some pictures of the pumpkin flowers that bloom for one day before they die.

That's when I heard what sounded like... someone talking?  I reached for my radio to turn it off. It wasn't on. The voice was clear as a bell...like it was IN the Jeep with me. I looked to my right and my jaw hit the floor!  There, almost touching my passenger mirror, was a big rig. A big, shiny red 18 wheeler with a driver chatting away on his cell phone. I could hear him clear as a bell, complete with lip smacking (gum?)

Now, I'm happy to share the road with any vehicle. But my idea of sharing the road means we each get our own lane. I snapped a quick picture with my Droid to see if I could capture how ridiculously close he had stopped next to me at the stop light. To REALLY appreciate it, click on the image, then click to magnify it to normal size..

Lord, just get me home in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't you spam me...I'll just delete it!