Monday, June 20, 2011

Southern Border Compromised & On Fire

Living in Arizona during the largest fire in Arizonan history has me looking at fire maps lately. Now, I know we have dry spells and specific No Burn days to help quelch would-be fires from starting and/or spreading. But my latest peek at InciWeb reveals a large majority of our southern border states are now engulfed in flames.

Courtesy of InciWeb June 20, 2011
  The survivalist in me immediately recognizes that our southern border is compromised. Arizona has it's largest fire ever along with four others within our borders.  The Wallow fire, the largest, has spread into New Mexico and is now posing threats to communities there. New Mexico also has two other fires spreading up into Colorado.  Texas is riddled with around THIRTY fires right now. Florida has it's hands full with two fires and California has one as well.

I can't help but think of Sun Tzu's Art of War and how to attack an enemy with fire. Are our border states being set ablaze intentionally? Is it to weaken moral or damage supplies and infrastructure? Is it a false flag to divert our attention from the appearant Libyan ground invasion forthcoming? I'm a little concerned about the Mexico border. Why have our National Guard troop had their border stay extended?

Then I started thinking about the possibility of electrical outages. The hot summer months are upon us. More people that ever are out of work and therefore sitting at home...in their air conditioning. I see a huge increasee in electricity usage this summer, coupled with tornadoes and fires that are threatening power plants.

This might be the month I finally buy myself a generator. Anybody else concerned about this stuff?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I hadn't considered that idea, but it could have merit. It's scary how under siege we seem to be, from so many different angles.

    I wanted to see that map in a larger view, but I could only find maps of individual wildfires on InciWeb: couldn't find how to navigate to a national map.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kris I used the InciWeb link in the first paragraph of my post. Then, on the left side of the page is a zoom in/out button. Just keep zooming out.

    There are now MORE fires on our southern border than when I posted this story.

    (NOW why isn't my IntenseDebate comment widget working...grrr)

    ReplyDelete

Don't you spam me...I'll just delete it!